Wednesday 3 July 2013

Analysis of the survey: Echelon

I conducted a questionnaire and posted on Twitter, Facebook and on the band's forum. I got five responses from the questionnaire. Theses are the assumptions that i thought the bands fans would most likely to be like.

  • Age: 15- 25
  • Enjoy alternative rock music.
  • Not that sporty
  • Casual clothing, jeans and t shirts
  • Like going to gigs and festivals.
  • follow their signature tattoo
  • Collect their merchandise
  • A confident personality
  • Both genders
  • Defencive of the band



  • In this first question 1 of the answerer's described themselves as shy. 3 of the answerer's described themselves as a family person, and one person commented that they would describe themselves as weird. None of my responders said that they were confident, I assumed that the fans would have been confident like the band.

    I was right that the majority of the fans would have been 15-25. But I also got 3 responses from 26-30, 31-35 and 41+. This may be the case because many of the younger population are more likely to be on the Internet and social networking sites.

    I was correct that all the respondents would prefer alternative rock as their favourite music genre because Thirty Seconds To Mars's genre is alternative rock.

     
    I was correct that they weren't very sporty, but outdoor activities could include a wide range of sports as well. I could have been more specific in the asking of questions.


    The majority of the respondents prove that I was correct, but i thought that all fans would take offence. 3-2.


    None of the fans just go to festivals and only one of the responders don't go to either gigs or festivals. This surprises me because the band always have a gig or are at a festival somewhere. Both gigs and both have 2 responses.



    80% of responders knew what the Echelon is and consider themselves a part of it. 1 of the responders did not know what it was.


    The band has signature tattoos that are major symbols for the band. I was correct in assuming that all the fans would know their signature tattoos.

     
    I assumed that the fans would own the band's merchandise, but one of the responders did not. This could mean that they have not been to any of their concerts.


    I was correct in thinking that the fans dress in a casual way. A comment stated that it 'depends on what mood I'm in.'

    1 comment:

    1. Good analysis of your research. How could this help you when planning your own 'rock' music video. And are 30s to Mars a rock band? It might be worth completing this task with a band more closely linked (in genre and style) to your chosen artist.

      ReplyDelete