Friday 27 September 2013

Powder paint planning

 I came up with the idea of using the powder of powder paint to use in our music video. Alice did not like the idea at first but when she practiced with it, she understood why i wanted to use it.  I took the inspiration from one of my favourite song 'Up In The Air' by Thirty Seconds To Mars. This music  video has a scene using powder paint that looks really effective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9uSyICrtow

I like this shot because of the slow motion and you
can see the facial expression of the person in the video.
Also the way the powder is thrown is an interesting way.
To add i also love the colours they have used to contrast.
I like the idea of a powder paint colourful fight. This shot
could be used because it feels as if you are apart of the
 fight.


I like the camera shot in this image, i also like the way
they have used a line to separate the people in the video.
Also the way the powder is being thrown is interesting.

I like the way her face is hidden behind the powder.
I like the way the facial expression can just be seen
through the paint. The way the powder disperses
through the air would also be a cool way to throw the
powder. I love the colour contrast here as well.








 
These are images from the music video which I really liked.

During our last hour of college, me and Alice chose the colours of powder paint that we will use. The colours we chose were:
  • Brilliant red
  • Lemon Yellow
  • Purple
  • Sky blue
  • Cerise
  • Turquoise
  • Leaf green
We have already been to see the art teacher who allowed us to take a sample of powder paint and try it out. We have also already ordered 2.5kg of powder paint per colour through the college from teh EPSO book.

No comments:

Post a Comment